Thursday, January 25, 2007

Left Behind? ... I hope so!

I have been taught all of my life that I should be ready, because I don't want to be left behind when Jesus comes back. Well, I've been doing some reading, and have decided that I do indeed want to be left behind.

"What!? That's heresy!" ...you might say.

Allow me to show you why I have come to this conclusion. Lets walk slowly through Matthew 24:37-42.

But as the days of Noah [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Did you catch it? go back to verse 38. Notice who is the focus of this sentence. It is those who were outside of the ark; "and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away." The "them" referred to there are those who were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark. Now for the rest - And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away.

Who was left behind in this scenario, and who is swept away? If you read it without any church theology tacked to it, those that were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage are clearly the bad guys. "Just like in the days of Noah."
We really need to rethink a lot of the things we were taught in church. We should always be like the Bereans of Acts chapter 17:10 and 11.

We will indeed be "snatched" up to be with our Lord, but I don't believe it will be anything like what we have been taught. I believe it will be what the prophets spoke of when they referred to the gathering up of Israel from the four corners of the globe. We'll get into that a little later though. For now, grab your bibles, and try to prove me wrong on this "Left Behind" business.
I would love to hear your comments.



No comments: