Monday, November 19, 2007

I am in the home stretch.

I am sorry for the lack of postings here, but school is wearing down to the last few weeks, and I am under extreme presure to get things done. To tell you the truth, I am burnt out. I have had my fill of 75 hour weeks, and am looking forward to the winter break that is coming up. For four glorious weeks I will be able to see my family in the evenings again.
It is easy to take the simple things for granted - a person truly doesn;t know what he/she has until it is gone; even if it is temporary.
The appostle Paul spoke of "finishing the race, and fighting the good fight" when speaking of our walk with Messiah. I have ben able to translate those terms into my immediate short term goals recently, and trust me, it does not lose its relevance. Each day, I have to make myself follow through with the responsibilities that are facing me - be it driving to Lafayette to make class (without having supper or sitting down with my kids), or staying up later than the rest of the family to finish my homework. I have to consciencly make an asserted effort to get these things done in order to reach the end for the better of my family.
I hope that it is all worth it. I am entering into a field that didn't particularly hold any place in my desires, but with God's help it will grow on me. If I can endure the learning process, I will have made a better life for my wife and kids; and that is always at the foremost of my thoughts. I have to remember that the occupation is not the ends, but the means that will fuel my passions outside of work; the cello, piano, art and the like. Work is work. My leisure is paid for by my work... though it would not be a bad thing if the two intermingled a bit.
I am in class right now, so I better go. Hopefully I will be able to post more this week, as I have no more classes until next Monday.
God bless!

No comments: