Monday, February 27, 2006

The Da Vinci Code of Ethics


I have read my share of ridiculous statements in the news, but this one just about made my head hurt.
It seems that two authors are suing Dan Brown (The Da Vince Code)for stealing 'their idea’ revolving around Jesus marrying Mary Magdalene, and having a blood line that still survives today. As silly as all of that sounds, that isn’t what made my head hurt this morning. It was Dan Brown’s comments, and the comments of the Associated Press article I read on MSNBC.
Here goes…

Suggesting a married Jesus is one thing, but questioning the Resurrection undermines the very heart of Christian belief,” said Brown, who described himself as a committed Christian.

"Committed" in a debasing, slandering, falsifying, unethical, belittling, disgusting kind of way...

If any of you feel the urge to vomit, you are not alone.

No comments: