Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Feast of Esther


Well, today is Purim.
Purim is celebrated in honor of the great deliverance of the Jews during the time of Esther, and is to be a time of great joy - we are to be happy! Each one of us who believe in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ) and obey Him, have also been delivered from an enemy that wants us and our families exterminated. What a great opportunity to step into the "Old Traditions" and celebrate it in light of the awesome deliverance that has taken place in our lives.

True, I never had a guy build a gallows for me, but I had death looming over my head day after day in the form of severe alcoholism.

No, I never had the King's right hand man single out my family for persecution and death, but I put my family through hell, and jeopardized the lives of those that I loved on a daily basis.

I never had a King choose me through miraculous circumstances to be his Queen (bear with me here), but I did have the King of the Universe choose me to be a part of His Bride; a process that lead me through some of the most miraculous events I have ever experienced

Read the book of Esther online here, and then check out one of these articles on the Festival of Purim and then ask yourself,

“Were you put here for such a time as this?”

No comments: