Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Passover / Pesach

Well, tonight, we are going to have our first Passover Seder. I am a little nervous about this, being as I have never lead one before. The neat thing about it is that it is new for our whole family - we are sort of creating tradition as we go, just like we did during Hanukah. My wife has baked home made matzo, and we are roasting a lamb leg tonight (I know that this is against tradition, but we didn't know that when we bought the leg. Besides, where else are we going to get a shank bone!?)

Never the less, we are already having a good time with it. We are keeping the kids out of school tomorrow, because it is a Sabbath, so they are pretty excited about that as well.

There are so many pictures of Messiah in this celebration - I will try to write more about these soon. I have to get some things ready right now. In the meantime, check out this web page at Aish.com

...I wish we would have started doing this a long time ago.



No comments: