Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fair is Fair, But I Won't Go There

I never claimed to be "fair and balanced" but I feel it necessary to show the other side of the "Barack's Preacher" story. It seems that there is an equally disgusting spout-off from a Hillary supporting preacher.
I am not going to post the video on my site because this guy sounds like an R movie, but here's the link if you want to see it.


I know that all of this is old news - Drudge and Rush both were telling the story yesterday, but I want to look at it from a different angle.
First, it is worth noticing that neither one of these "preachers" are representing the Messiah out of the bible; not the Messiah that I read about, anyway.

It also goes to show you that it doesn't matter how many ridiculous robes or purple garments, or "Jesus is Lord" banners, or titles you give yourself. None of those things make you a person to "revere."

I can not think of any time where the language out of these two "preachers" is acceptable - be it in public, private, or the pulpit. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing that the population as a whole will relate this to all of Christendom - this is not who we are... at least those of us who revere God's Word, which leads me to my second observation concerning these two irreverent "reverends."
They are both Democrats. Is that unfair? If you say yes, then you are not paying attention. You can disagree with the Republican preachers all you want, but I challenge you to find a sermon where they have to be bleeped out or censored in any way.
I don't recall Pat Robertson - controversial as he is - ever undulating and cussing from the pulpit.
It is something to think about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/18/88-dinner-parties/#comment-27508