Wednesday, March 01, 2006

MangDoodles #2

I mentioned in the February 10th entry that I had just purchased my first batch of sculpting clay, and that I was going to post my results. Well, I don't have anything finished yet, but I do have some pictures of the first stages of a Roman soldier bust that I am calling "The Centurion". I was commission to do this in salt, for an art collector in Lafayette, IN, but the salt sculptures are proving to be far too costly for my budget (the salt dust is rusting my tools - to the tune of about $300 so far).

So far, I only have about twenty minutes worth of time in this, which I'm hoping, will explain the formless, blob-like look that it has.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a centurion to me!
mo

Anonymous said...

I agree with mo
-sistachristian

Anonymous said...

I AM SURE IT WILL BE AWESOM!!!
KANDEO