Friday, April 04, 2008

Sabbath (Shabbat) Table Setting

I get a lot of visits from people who want to see what a typical Sabbath table looks like, and our Havdalah just came in the mail, and my wife made round Challa bread so... I thought I would put a new picture on to show what ours looks like.
I can't say that it is totally traditional, but that isn't what we are after anyway. We have taken hold of the traditional elements of Shabbat that show a vivid picture of Yeshua (Jesus), and the things that will stick out in our kid's minds as they grow up.
I wanted to show some of the instruments because playing music with my kids is a bg part of our Sabbath evening - next to dinner, my favorite part.


The Havdalah set is used at sundown Saturday night, as sort of a 'farewell' to the Shabbat. You can read about it here.
Funny thing about our Havdalah set; I ordered it from a place in Jerusalem, and was excited about getting it. We waited about six weeks for it to arrive, and when it did, it was beautiful - flawless white porcelain, silver gray and black lettering in Hebrew calligraphy.

I turned it over...

and it said "Made in China."


Shabbat Shalom!


1 comment:

Aaron Benge said...

Man, I hate spam.