Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Obama Wants to Split Jerusalem... when he's talking to Abbas, that is.

I figured that since I have the attention of quite a few of Obama's most prominent thinkers, it would be a good time to show a story from Arutz Sheva, Israeli National News where Abbas says that he has never heard such good things from a presidential hopeful. Joy. Obama has lied to Israel, telling them that he endorses the unity of Jerusalem... then promises the terrorists the exact opposite.
A unifier indeed.

From Arutz Sheva:
OBAMA TELLS ABBAS: I SUPPORT DIVIDING JERUSALEM
Democratic presidential candidate Senator Barack Obama privately expressed his support for a new Arab state within Israel's current borders, including eastern Jerusalem, during his meeting with Palestinian Authority Chairman and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas in Ramallah this summer.

According to a report published Tuesday in the Lebanese newspaper al-Ahbar, Obama told Abbas that he supports a PA state, and Arab "rights to east Jerusalem" as well. The sources said Abbas and PA Prime Minister Salam Fayyad "heard the best things they ever heard from an American president" during the meeting. However, said sources quoted in the report, the candidate asked them to keep his declaration a secret.

PA spokesman Nimar Hamad said he had no comment on the remarks, other than to describe the briefing Abbas and Fayyad had given to the presidential hopeful.

"The Palestinian Authority views the American elections as an internal matter and does not favor one person over another," he said in an official statement. "The PA hopes that the next American president will fulfill his commitment towards the Palestinians and pressure Israel."

Click here for continuation of this story.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well. He won now, so we'll see =)

JAMS FRREVER. said...

Man I stumbled upon your blog tonight through the pic of Obama w/ a cigarette, which I love by the way, and I new right away that I didn't agree with pretty much anything that you were saying. Regardless, I love everything that comes w/ the freedom we have in this country, and I greatly enjoy reading and learning of opinions that are different than mine. With this in mind, I could not stop reading for the simple fact that I wanted to find something, ONE thing that I could least feel like, well, he does have a point there, but I couldn't. Your comments and writings are just so closed minded, shallow, and have such an underlying hateful feeling to them I was even more taken back when you began to berate people who rant in comments, b/c this is all that your blog seems to be. I have no problem with ranting if it seems to be with some sense of humility, but you have none. As much as you seem to hate Obama, I hope you can sometime finally see that the attitude you have is exactly where this country has been for so long, and that which has driven us to this point where we are in horribly wrong wars, and also a catastrophic economic crisis. I hope that you, and others who share your views will someday recognize that which is good for the majority of humanity in politics. We are at a new beginning of this. I do not mean to "rant" myself, only to civilly express feelings.

Anonymous said...

I'm compelled to agree with you James. You can do your best to understand other peoples points of view in order to help make the world a more tolerant place; or you can sit back and spread the hate in order to justify your own small agendas.

Aaron Benge said...

Speak of hate all you want, but in the end it was Barack, not I who attended Jeremiah Wright's congregation for over 20 years. It was he, not I, who is friends with the self professing anti-Semite, Louis Farrakhan. And lets not forget that it was Obama who said in his memoirs that he meticulously sought out radicals for friends and Marxists for professors.
I don't "rant" out of hatred. I rant because my generation is blindly following an unidentified "change" that in my opinion could ultimately lead to America's downfall, and they have (in mass) put their "hope" in the Marxist ideology of an inexperienced "community organizer" rather than the Constitution of the United States of America.
If you can honestly say that you have read these comments and come out thinking that I am the one spewing hatred - then you, my friend, are one of the blind people that I am referring to.
Your CHANGE and HOPE are here - -now all we have to do is HOPE the our enemies haven't really paid attention to the Left's brilliant ideas on appeasement; and HOPE that he will CHANGE his views on the First and Second Amendments, the splitting of Jerusalem, spreading the wealth, and all of the other Marxist trash he promised while campaigning.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better James, what you say is EXACTLY true. It's people like Bengamina who have left this world more chaotic, fearful, and distorted by their one-sided shallow views. Hopefully they will realize that we SHARE this world and that the only way to some peace is through COMPROMISE, understanding, and a little bit of faith.

Lead by example Bengamina! stop spewing hate and rage and you will get the same in return.

Anonymous said...

Oops i got your name wrong blog-writer, forgive me. I have no idea who bengamina is!

PEACE

Anonymous said...

I sure hope we finally do something right regarding Palestine. Like ending the apartheid system Israel currently is freely executing (word choice intentional).

One of the best things Obama can do for the sake of our national security is end U.S. sponsorship of the human rights catastrophe that is occurring in Gaza in particular and Palestine in general. Please inform yourself about the situation before you try and criticize Obama.

Aaron Benge said...

You would do yourself good to look up the history of the term Palestine. They are not a "people." They are refugees from the surrounding countries, and it is all very well documented. Have you ever read the UN discussions on this, or are you like the rest of Barack's followers, swallowing what is given you by a liberal media?
Go back and read the transcripts of Yasser Arafat, and his own writings. Even he knew that it was all a farce - he said himself that creating the myth of a Palestinian people was key to running Israel out.
Better yet, read Mark Twain's account of traveling through Jerusalem. Then ask yourself where the Palestinian people were then, if they have always "occupied the land." Answer: They were in Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Iran.
I don't have to criticize Obama. All I have to do is relay the headlines, and repeat his words.