Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Real Letter, Real Soldier

With all of these fake letters coming out from soldiers in Iraq, I thought that you all might want to see what a real soldier in Iraq has to say about McCain, Obama, and being an American.
I have corrected a couple of spelling errors, and capitalized a word or two - no content was changed.

With his permission, here it is in its entirety:

I am an American soldier. Sometimes I feel like these words have lost there meaning. I am writing to you from Balad, Iraq and I am here with all my brothers and sisters of the armed forces to protect and defend the freedoms that we all so much enjoy. What now seems like many years ago, My commander and chief called up the few and the proud to travel across the pond to defeat terror and the madness of a cruel ruler. Most of the rest of the world seemed to disagree with this choice and some even cut there ties and went back on promises, unfortunately that is sometimes the cost of doing what is right. Because of the choices of our president I decided to join the army and volunteer to come over here to do my part. Now there is another that needs my help and is receiving fire for merely taking a moral stance against the failing idea’s of what freedom is. John McCain is a warrior and someone who knows exactly what liberty cost, he is now standing against a young candidate with “new” idea’s that he only has borrowed from a failed government system and has openly stated that he pledges no allegiance to this great country that he so desperately wants to change. Edmund Burke once said “all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing” that is why I write this now, not all of us good ol' boys over here are against this war, as a matter of fact I rarely hear anyone speak ill of our president, or positively about Obama. I hope that some of you reading this will agree with me when I say that I am not a “citizen of humanity”
I am an American.


- Pfc. Luke Denman, Army National Guard


No comments: