Saturday, January 09, 2016

Yes We Know, He's Coming Again!

  Another week, another ridiculous amount of media concerning terrorism, elections, and the general moral decline of the world. ...Is anything good happening out there? The answer is Yes. In fact, the state of the world itself is, in a sense, "good."
Let me explain. We are all waiting for something. Some are waiting for the next ______, while others wait for _____. Believers in Yeshua (Jesus) should be waiting for His return, and with His return comes a series of trials and tribulations on earth. By default, the more tribulations, the closer we are getting, right?
  I listen to a Torah teacher who says, "when I was a young Christian, I knew everything there was to know about prophecy." Obviously that was tongue in cheek - I was the same way. I used to have a time-line, and an explanation for why it was gong to be this way or that. The problem is that all these years later, I was terribly wrong about most of my predictions. I am not alone though; most folks who have told us how it was all going to end have been wrong. Remember Harold Camping? I could probably come up with at least 88 reasons why we shouldn't make time-lines and predict days...

A good friend of mine once told me, "I can prove that it's [the rapture] pre-trib and I can prove that it's post. That doesn't matter. What matters is that Jesus told us to abide in Him. Are you doing that? If not, then start now. If you are, well, you don't have a thing to worry about do you?" Excellent advice. Being as "abiding in" applies to the present, it turns out to be timely advice. Abiding in Him is still the answer to those anxieties we may get concerning world events. Abide in Him. "But the whole world is messed up!" Abide in Him. "They want to take our guns!!" Abide in Him!

  A man or woman who is abiding in Him will be lead by Him. They won't fear. They won't be stressed about the world. Abiding in Him equates to being within the boundaries of Goshen during the plagues. "...They did not see one another; nor did anyone rise from his place for three days. But all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings." (Ex 10:23) They were abiding where they were supposed to, and they had light when all those around them were in darkness.

As the world gets darker around me, I want that Light in my dwelling place, and if I am abiding (dwelling) in Him, I will have it. 

So get up. We don't have time for wallowing, bickering and fretting. Get back up, because He is coming again. Get excited, because He's coming again. He's coming again...


(All links are inserted by me and lead to scripture or stories 
pertaining to the subject highlighted.)

No comments: