Monday, August 14, 2006

MRSA - It hurts me worse than it does you.

I wanted to thank every one of you that prayed for my family and I over this last couple of weeks. I think I may be experiencing new problems though.
If you didn't know, I just got out of the hospital last week for a MRSA infection. It was pretty gnarly. What's that? Do you want to know just how gnarly it was? I thought you would never ask. Here are some photos.

The first one is poor quality, but you can see the sores, in all of their inflamed, black and red glory.

This is what my foot looked like 2 days before I was admitted into the hospital. Please note that the foot ended up being twice its normal size, but by that time I didn't feel like taking pictures.

Lovely.

Back to the new problems.
I have had a sore throat for about 2 days now. This is unusual for me to begin with, but tonight, it was really hurting bad, so I decided to look at it in the mirror. To my surprise, there is a white blister on the left side of my throat, looking pretty disgusting. Is it MRSA? I wouldn't think so, because I was on Vancomycine for 10 days, and every medical professional I have spoken with has assured me that the Vancomycine usually wipes out the infection - key word, "usually".

To expound on a quote by FDR, you could say that if good luck is the early bird, I usually end up being the worm, so please keep praying for me.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to show you a picture of my throat funk. Here you go:

(click for larger view)
Trust me, it hurts as bad as it looks.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quick-schedule yourself for a hilaryectomy STAT!