Monday, October 15, 2007

The Pope has left the building.

Mo, you may not want to get caught reading this one.

OK, so lets get this straight; during a ceremony in Poland marking the second anniversary of Pope John Paul II's death, somebody took a photo of the bonfire, and saw John Paul II "with his right hand raised in blessing".

Never mind the fact that this is totally not scriptural, and focus on the state of the late John Paul the 2nd.

Hmmmm...



He's on fire, and he's still hunched over, so he definitely hasn't gotten a glorified body yet...and surely he's hot being in the midst of a bonfire and all...

One has to wonder what the residing Pope has to say about this, being as the Catholic church believes that he is the one and only mouthpiece of God. I mean, as the Vicariouso (substitution) of Christ, he must be a little irritated by the visit. This raises all sorts of questions, doesn't it? Do they both have the divine authority over the souls of mankind, even if one of them is in a bonfire, waving at people from the grave? Why isn't Paul the 2nd with in the presence of Christ like the bible says he should be?
If I were to find a picture of John Paul II emblazoned in the uppermost layer of burnt cheese on my lasagna, could I sell it on eBay for thousands of dollars... or would it be blasphemous?

I can joke like this because I already know the truth. See, I have obtained digitally enhanced copies of this photo, and after much analysis, I have come to realize that its not JP II after all. Here's the close-up:
Thank you, thank you very much.

No comments: