Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Not All VA Facilities Are Created Equal

While I'm thinking about it, and while I'm sitting in a VA waiting room, in Danville, Illinois, I need to make a public announcement:

They don't all stink.
That's right, I'm speaking out publicly, and positively about a VA hospital.

In my own personal experience, These people have been fast, professional, and down-right ...nice.

When i needed back surgery and they were too busy to do it, they told me to find a neuro-surgeon, and have him fix it, at their expense. I did, and they did. Quickly.

When my service representative told me to get an appointment for veterans disability, he said it may take up to, or longer than, two years to get my initial appointment. 

It didn't. It took about eight weeks.

That's all I have to say about it. They're good at what they do, and they've treated me very well over the last two years; not what I expected when i first got "in the system" here. 

No comments: